Location: Nottingham NG1 1GF
Salary: Highly competitive
Type: Permanent, full time
Are you an Assay Development Scientist with experience within a contract research or similar drug discovery environment, looking for a new opportunity to develop your career within a growing, dynamic company?
Aurelia Bioscience are looking for an experienced Senior Assay Development Scientist to join their growing team, helping their clients to develop their next breakthrough drug.
This will be a laboratory-based role where you will be developing cell and biochemical assays in well plates for compound screening purposes. Responsibilities also include:
- Reporting and explaining results to clients through telephone conferences and face-to-face meetings
- Opportunities may arise where you can generate data for R&D purposes, write scientific posters and white papers and present your R&D work at conferences
- The role will be varied and will require adapting to a rapidly changing workload whilst working to tight deadlines and communicating effectively to both internal and external groups.
For the right ambitious individual there may also be an opportunity to develop your career into a team leader position.
- Educated to a minimum MSc or PhD in a biological or related life science discipline
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience within a contract research or similar drug discovery environment developing biological assays from scratch
- Experienced in using a range of established biochemical and cell-based assays for compound screening purposes together with examples of developing and troubleshooting bioassays
- The ability to present and report findings to other staff and present at both internal and external events
- Experienced in new techniques and technologies relevant to drug discovery
- Competent in discussing technical issues in a professional manner within a commercial setting.
Salary & benefits:
We are a growing company that provides a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity. In return we offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
Aurelia Bioscience is a small pre-clinical contract research organisation based at BioCity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical- based assay development and compound screening in micro well plates using innovative assay formats and readouts.
Working collaboratively for a range of drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement compound screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence assays, High Throughput Western Blotting and Flow Cytometry. In addition, we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats and implementing more physiological well-plate models into drug discovery.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: email@example.com
To apply, please send us your CV and Covering letter via our application system below: