Location: Nottingham NG1 1GF
Salary: Highly competitive
Type: Permanent, full time
Are you experienced in developing biological assays within a contract research or similar client-facing drug discovery environment?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career within a growing, highly experienced bioscience company who value individual contribution, innovation and creativity?
Aurelia Bioscience are looking for talented individuals to join their growing team of highly experienced drug discovery professionals, helping life science companies to develop their next breakthrough drug.
As part of our company growth, we now have 2 new laboratory-based positions.
- You will be working on cutting edge projects with a range of drug discovery clients developing cell and biochemical assays in well plates for compound screening purposes.
- Reporting and explaining results to clients through telephone conferences and face-to-face meetings
- Opportunities may arise where you can generate data for R&D purposes, write scientific posters and white papers and present your R&D work at conferences
- The role will be varied and will require adapting to a rapidly changing workload whilst working to tight deadlines and communicating effectively to both internal and external groups.
For the right ambitious individual there may also be an opportunity to develop your career into a team leader position.
- You will be educated to a minimum MSc or PhD in a biological or related life science discipline
- Have at least 3 years’ experience within a contract research or similar client-facing drug discovery environment developing biological assays from scratch
- Experienced in using a range of established biochemical and cell-based assays for compound screening purposes together with examples of developing and troubleshooting bioassays
- Proficient in techniques such as FLIPR screening, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence, Western Blotting, Flow Cytometry, RT-PCR
- Competent in the ability to present, report and discuss technical issues in a professional manner within a commercial setting at both internal and external events.
Salary & benefits:
We are a growing company that provides a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity. In return we offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
Aurelia Bioscience is a small pre-clinical contract research organisation based at BioCity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical- based assay development and compound screening in micro well plates using innovative assay formats and readouts.
Working collaboratively for a range of drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement compound screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence assays, High Throughput Western Blotting and Flow Cytometry. In addition we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats and implementing more physiological well-plate models into drug discovery.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: email@example.com
To apply, please send us your CV and Covering letter via the application link below. We aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
Aurelia Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity employer that welcomes applications all who meet our selection criteria. We can only consider applicants who are eligible to permanently live and work in the UK.