Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Job type: Full time 12 months (initial contract)
Location: Nottingham (BioCity)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Immediate
AURELIA BIOSCIENCE is a small pre-clinical contract research organisation based at Biocity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical- based assay development and compound screening in micro well plates using innovative assay formats and readouts. Working collaboratively for a range of drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement compound screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence assays, High Throughput Western Blotting and Flow Cytometry. In addition we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats and implementing more physiological well-plate models into drug discovery.
We are a growing company that provides a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity. In return we offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
This is a laboratory-based role for a senior assay development scientist with significant lab experience who is looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic company environment.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Independently you should be able to develop cell and biochemical assays in well plates for compounds screening purposes
- Have experience of new techniques and technologies relevant to drug discovery
- Culture and maintain a range of cell lines including primary and stem cells
- Be comfortable and confident explaining results to clients though telephone conferences and face-to-face meetings
- Maintain good laboratory practice and accurate experimental record keeping
- Lead and contribute to lab data discussions
- Generate data for R&D purposes, write scientific posters and white papers and present your R&D work at conferences
We are looking for the following skills:
- Excellent practical capabilities in the laboratory with proven experience of developing biological assays from scratch
- Good theoretical understand of technologies pertinent to our current types of work
- Experience of mammalian cell culture and of developing cell-based assays
- Excellent team player, adaptable and flexible
- IT skills: levels of competence in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, GraphPad Prism (or equivalent)
- Presentation skills: ability to report findings to other staff and present at both internal and external events
- Interpersonal skills: ability to discuss technical issues in a professional manner in a commercial setting
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with laboratory experience and other relevant skills.
How to apply:
For more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the role please submit a copy of your CV highlighting relevant skills accompanied by a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28th August 2020
Aurelia Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria. Only candidates eligible to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.