AURELIA BIOSCIENCE is a small contract research organisation based at Biocity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical-based assay development and compound screening in microwell plates with innovative assay formats and readouts. Working collaboratively with a range of pharmaceutical and drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement compound screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence, RT-PCR, High Throughput Western Blotting etc. In addition, we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats and implementing differentiated iPSC’s into screening assays.
We offer a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity and, in return, offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
This is a role for either a new graduate in biology or related subject or a graduate with some work experience who is looking for a new opportunity.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Culture and maintain a range of cell lines including primary and stem cells
- Under supervision develop cell and biochemical assays for screening compounds
- Conduct high throughput screening activities
- Maintain good laboratory practice and accurate experimental record keeping
- Contribute to lab data discussions
We are looking for the following skills:
- A good life science degree in a relevant biological discipline
- Practical laboratory experience
- Possible experience of mammalian cell culture
- Possible experience of developing biological assays
- Good team player, adaptable and flexible
- IT skills: levels of competence in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Presentation skills: ability to report findings to other staff and present at both internal and external events
- Interpersonal skills: ability to discuss technical issues in a professional manner in a commercial setting
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with laboratory experience and other relevant skills.
How to apply:
For more information please e-mail email@example.com. To apply for the role please submit a copy of your CV highlighting relevant skills accompanied by a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9th August 2019
Aurelia Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria. Only candidates eligible to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.