Aurelia Bioscience has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager based at BioCity, Nottingham, UK.
Aurelia Bioscience is a successful, high growth Life Sciences contract research organisation (CRO) providing services in early stage drug discovery to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The company specialises in designing biochemical and cell based assays, high throughput screening, iterative screening, high content imaging and pharmacological profiling, typically to identify chemical hits/leads in early stage drug discovery programmes. Well equipped laboratories provide tissue culture, reader platform and automation facilities to deliver these services, staffed by experienced bio-scientists and assay technologists.
The key responsibility of the Business Development Manager role is to market and sell Aurelia’s services. This will be accomplished by :
– identifying new opportunities and visiting potential new clients
– developing and managing client relationships and expectations
– marketing the companies services both in the UK and internationally
The role will entail co-ordination and delivery of business development and marketing plans as agreed with the management team.
Candidate essential requirements:-
– Good degree in Biological Sciences or similar
– Fluent English
– IT skills
– Clean UK driving licence (travel involved)
– UK right of abode
Candidate desirable requirements:-
– Higher degree in biological sciences
– Experience of selling services business-to-business in the Life Sciences sector
– CRO experience (non-clinical)
– Additional language skills
– Drug Discovery experience
The successful candidate will possess a range of skills including a confident and effective communication style, the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise activities, project management and customer relationship experience, commercial awareness and strategic thinking.
The company offers competitive pay, bonus, flexible working and holidays. The position is based at BioCity, Nottingham, UK. Travel will be involved.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is May 22nd, 2017.
(No recruitment agencies please).