Download our new eBook - How to develop effective in vitro assays for early drug discovery
Cell based assays and cell-based screening are of key importance at a number of stages in the drug discovery process.
Being able to examine the interaction between your target and compounds in a cellular context is of great advantage in:
- Mechanism of action studies
- Identifying the potential for cytotoxicity
- Defining the agonist or antagonist properties of your compounds
- Distinguish compounds that can cross the membrane of cells for intracellular target interactions
The team at Aurelia Bioscience have developed and screened compounds using cell-based assays for over 15 years. Our knowledge and skills in cell culture and manipulation, combined with our expertise in developing cell-based assays allow us to work rapidly and efficiently on the prosecution of your target in appropriate assays.
Our core technology platform enables us to measure readouts such as fluorescence, luminescence and chemi-luminescence.
Example assays include but are not limited to:
- Cytotoxicity measured using e.g. Resazurin, CellTiter-Glo, XTT
- Second messenger and signal transduction assays e.g. cAMP accumulation, IP-one, b- arrestin activation
- Reporter gene assays
- Cytokine release assays e.g. AlphaLisa
Ask us to use our experience to develop an assay to meet your needs.